Time to get creative with your breast milk! We all know how amazing breast milk is for our little ones, but did you know that you can use it to make popsicles to help ease teething pain? If your baby has been introduced to solids, you can even add some fruits and veggies to your milk before freezing.
When making the breast milk popsicles, make sure to only include ingredients that your baby has already been introduced to. Blend all ingredients until completely smooth – large chunks of frozen fruit or veggies can be a choking hazard for babies.
Start with getting a baby popsicle mold that will be easy for your baby to hold on to.
Avocado, Pear & Breast Milk Popsicles Recipe
- 4 ounces of breast milk
- 1 pear, pureed
- 1 avocado, pureed
- Popsicle mold
- Put breast milk in a bowl or blender and add the avocado and pear. If mixing by hand, make sure to completely remove all chunks of fruit so they don’t become a choking hazard. Blending the fruits and breast milk can help avoid this problem.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle mold and cover tightly. If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can use ice cube trays and serve them in a mesh feeder.
- Freeze until solid – for a few hours.
To store: Store in an airtight container (popsicle mold) in the freezer for up to three months.
You can start with pure breast milk popsicles or switch up and customize the recipe by changing up the amount of milk and fruit! You can also use baby food (such as applesauce) as a mixer.
Looking for more? You might also like:
- Unexpected Uses For Breast Milk http://blog.medelabreastfeedingus.com/2018/04/unexpected-uses-breast-milk/
- 5 Tips For Using Up Surplus Breast Milk http://blog.medelabreastfeedingus.com/2017/06/getting-creative-with-breastmilk-what-to-do-with-a-surplus/
- Tips For When Baby Bites At The Breast http://blog.medelabreastfeedingus.com/2014/01/tips-for-when-baby-bites-at-the-breast/