Who doesn’t love getting spoiled with a perfect gift? And when you’re a breastfeeding mom, a gift that’s not only fun but also practical is the best kind. Whether you’re a breastfeeding or expecting mom yourself, or you’re shopping for one, these 14 gifts will bring a smile to any nursing mama’s face.
- Nursing-friendly clothing. There are tons of cute and functional nursing styles – from basic camisoles and wrap sweaters, to splurge-worthy dresses and cozy sweatshirts.
- A nice water bottle. Breastfeeding moms drink a lot of water! So, it only makes sense she should have a reusable water bottle that she loves.
- Nursing cover. There are so many styles available, ranging from a more traditional cover with a slightly rigid neckline (making it easy to keep an eye on baby) to styles that do triple duty as infinity scarves, car-seat covers, and nursing covers.
- Breast milk storage containers. Pumping moms can never have enough storage bags and bottles, and there are lots of sizes and styles to fit however she likes to pump, pour, freeze, and feed.
- Streaming service, app or e-reader gift cards. In the early days of breastfeeding, sometimes it feels like you never leave the couch. So, give a new mama something to keep her entertained during those hours she spends nursing. She can catch up on TV series, download books she’s been meaning to read, and more.
- A good hands-free pumping bra that makes it easier for her to multitask.
- A soft, glowy night light that’s perfect for those middle-of-the-night nursing sessions when she doesn’t want to fully wake her baby.
- Lanolin or cooling gel pads to help relieve soreness or dry, cracked skin.
- Burp cloths. Spit-up is a reality of new parenthood. And the more burp cloths she has, the less often she has to do laundry.
- Breastfeeding-themed onesies or tops for mom. A cute and clever breastfeeding top for her, or onesie for her little one, can be a fun way to share her passion for breastfeeding with the world. We love the “Eat Local” onesies!
- Cleaning products. We don’t know any breastfeeding moms who wouldn’t appreciate a combination of Quick CleanTM products for when she’s home and on-the-go so she doesn’t have to spend time hand-washing.
- A specially-designed nursing pillow can make it easier for mom to keep her baby in a safe and comfortable breastfeeding position.
- Pump accessories and spare parts like a vehicle adaptor, spare tubing, extra breast shields, and more to ensure she’s always prepared.
- Access to Medela’s 24/7 LC for when she has questions during those middle-of-the-night nursing sessions.
Are there other breastfeeding essentials that would make a great gift for a new mom? Share in the comments below.