Breastfeeding and pumping moms are dedicated to providing the best nutrition for their babies. In some cases, that means pumping on-the-go. Realistically, it’s not always possible to pump in that perfectly comfortable rocking chair at home or curled up on the couch. Busy moms like you squeeze pumping sessions in between meetings, cooking dinner, and picking up the older children from school. So, for all those supermoms out there, we’ve put together a list of on-the-go pumping tips perfect for your busy schedule.
On-The-Go Pumping Tips
- Keep pictures of your little one in your purse. Even consider carrying a piece of your baby’s clothing or a recording of their murmurs (also known as “sweet vocaling”). It may help encourage let down, no matter where you’re pumping.
- Invest in a pump that’s easily portable, convenient and effective. Consider a Freestyle or Pump In Style Advanced breastpump that hold everything you need in a discreet carrying bag.
- Keep some pumping extras at your office or in your car, just in case you forget something when you walk out the door.
- If you frequently pump at work, consider a nursing stool. It helps make pumping more comfortable by alleviating stress on your back, shoulders and neck.
- For moms with a Pump In Style Advanced, the 8 Count Battery Pack can power your breastpump from anywhere, so you don’t have to worry about power supply.
Moms, do you have any tips for pumping on-the-go? Share them in the comments below.