We are thrilled to announce that Calma is now available in the U.S. Calma was designed by Medela and a team of researchers at University of Western Australia. Together we created a breast milk bottle that mimics the natural sucking patterns of a breastfeeding infant.
Calma was designed for those times when you can’t be with your baby or you wish to share the feeding experience with others. It is a unique solution that helps a breastfeeding mother reach her breastfeeding goals and keep the connection to her baby.
Benefits of Calma:
- Calma mimics your baby’s natural feeding behavior so your baby can relax, pause and breathe, similar to breastfeeding.
- Calma’s flow control valve allows your baby to control the milk flow.
- Calma doesn’t leak, and its vented nipple helps reduce gassiness.
- Calma helps your baby maintain a natural feeding behavior, supporting an easy transition from bottle to breast.
- With Calma, breast milk only flows when baby creates a vacuum.
- Calma’s one size/shape nipple is designed for all stages of breastfeeding. Babies learn to regulate Calma’s milk flow as they grow, similar to breastfeeding.
- The Calma nipple is compatible with all Medela breast milk bottles.
- Switching from bottle to breast has never been easier.
- Medela breast milk bottles and all of our products that come into contact with breast milk are and always have been 100% BPA-free
Interested in trying Calma? It is now available to purchase online through juvenile specialty stores and hospital accounts.